One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Friday, July 19, 2013

Listen to Your Woman!

Don't cha hate it when you know you are right and nobody will listen to you?? You would think my family members would realize by now that most times I am right and to just appease me.

Our A/C was running constantly.  I'm talking 2-3 hours at a time and I had to go turn the degree up just so that it would stop because the constant "whirrrr" of the A/C was making my head spin.  I told BD something was wrong.  "Oh, the AC just isn't big enough for the house, it's really hot out"    Hot, my booty.  It was only 95-100 degrees during the day. Yes, hot, but not hot enough to where it should be running constantly day and night.  You can't convince me of that.  Four different people tried telling me it was just "too hot"

BD finally got tired of me nagging and had the landlady send an AC guy out.   "AC is in perfect condition... it's just hot outside.  The AC is working hard, dear sweet blond girl"  (Ok, I made that part about the blond girl up)   Fine. whatever.

Still the AC ran... constant.. a nagging whir in my ear that made me want to poke my eye balls out.

"Hon..something is wrong..it's 10pm and 75 degrees outside and the AC is still going"
"It's fine... It's just not big enough for the house"
"I think something else is wrong"
"it's fine" says the big man of the house.... *sigh*

So I go to the store and get room darkening curtains and that window cling stuff that keeps the drafts out in hopes that it would help.   Same...constant...whir...in my EAR.

"BD... Maybe it's the actual thermostat?"
"those digital ones last a long time"
"but maybe something is wrong in it that doesn't cause it to shut off"
"they last a long time"

God bless my husband..only he could tolerate these conversations at 11pm as he's trying to sleep.   I do sneak attack him then and discuss things... He tends to listen better... kinda.  

Finally by this point I was 2 shades from ka-razy so I figured I had to just take things into my own hands.....

I went and bought a new thermostat.   I figured for $20 it will either work and I can quit nagging people or it won't work and I can return it..and keep nagging people.

So at 10pm I had my sweet BD install the new one.   (I don't know how to install that stuff.. I buy, I instruct..he installs... I can't afford to get electrocuted..but he, as our main bread winner, surely can)    I strategically picked the day BD was doing Defense Tactics at work... He had spent the day getting kicked/arm barred/ asped/ headlocked... I knew he'd have less fight in him so chances were he would do whatever to get me to stop talking about it.   hahaha   .....  I kid. I kid.  Kinda.   He woulda done it regardless because he wuvs me  (I say that because I know he's reading this.)

Sidebar:  God Bless that man for putting up with me.

The 5 minute install the box said took about 30 minutes... but it was in....and wadda ya know...


IT WORKED!!!   The A/C no longer whirrs constantly... It works properly..I'm off the ledge of Ka-razy town and I am highly dreading that next electric bill... uuughhhhh


And to those 4 people who told me it was "Just the AC" I will be dividing up the bill and sending you your portion!

No comments: