One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Peace, Love, and Nose Spray

So here's the thing about being a mom. You are NOT allowed to be sick but I expected this to happen. After 2 months of extreme stress, no sleeping, barely eating, the only thing that can happen to ones body is that it just gives out. And mine did. I had 2 very sick babies last week and sure enough by Wednesday it caught me and I was..near..death...I nearly recovered, proud of myself for conquering this hurtle until this morning when I woke up to sinuses that felt like they were exploding. I now have a textbook case of a sinus infection. 2 kids to still care for, 14 hours a day, no man comin home at 5pm to 'take over' It's just not fair.
I did make a dr appt but then I cancelled and heres why...I would have had to take both kids, toys, objects to keep them happy, drive 30 minutes to my dr, wait, see the dr, drive home, wait way too long for meds, ect and I just didn't have that energy..so I cancelled it and took a nap. That's right, the stars aligned. Hopefully OTC stuff will heal me up. I am a mom and moms have super powers so I have hope.
I went to the store and stocked up on OTC meds, sleeping meds, day meds, nose spray and Rocky Road Icecream (Because Rocky Road Icecream fixes everything) Heres the thing about nose spray...I hate it..they scares me..I have a phobia about things goin in my nose, I'm afraid that I'll drown (Don't judge) I know I really won't but the above still stands. So to actually use the nose spray about sent me into a panic attack
SO I got this cool Vicks decongestant 12hr spray stuff and WOWZA is that stuff amazing. At first I got a Vicks headache from 'you know where' but after that subsided an amazing thing happened..I could breathe! oh how beautiful! My eyeballs still ache, my head still feels like I got hit by a 2x4, and my throat still feels like I swallowed a cactus but..I...can..breathe
Upon this breathing breakthrough I realized my trash severly stinks, which confuses me bc it's not even full, but thank GOD nobody came over! No wonder the dogs were occupied by it. Don't worry, smell isn't permiating my house but you can definatly tell something is not right a foot from the trash can.
This morning both my girls wanted oatmeal, one wanted banana, one wanted apple..I forgot whose was which and I tried to smell them to tell and I couldn't tell. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I whimpered, I laughed, I whimpered again..it was a moment. If they got the wrong oatmeal on the wrong day it would have most definatly been a major meltdown. I still don't know if they got the correct oatmeal, they didn't complain so I guess that's good.
Thank goodness my kids love salad bc they've been having corndogs, mac and cheese, and Ravioli (I do buy the kind that has veggies in the sauce so that's good, right)for the past few days. So all I have to do is throw some salad on their plate and I don't feel guilty anymore and salad is really easy. Thank God for bagged salad.

Now..If you'll excuse me it's time to dope up again :)

Peace, Love, and Nose spray

2 comments:

bloggingcorey said...

You poor thing! :(

I can't imagine how stressed you are... and how much you have to deal with. Two little girls to take care of all by yourself. You are one strong woman, Erica. I definitely admire you, for many reasons... However, you feeling like you "swallowed a cactus" did make me laugh out loud a little. =)

Feel better and try to get as much rest as you can!

Stacee Hord said...

Wooops... I was signed into Corey's account. Sorry! The post was from me though. =)