One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lemme have it!

Here we go again..I am back on the weight loss train... My goal is to get my BMI in the 'normal' range. A goal I thought was unattainable a year ago but I've already lost 35 lbs so what's 10 more? I need to kick down a new goal.
10 more pounds would put my BMI in the normal range for my height *Midget* But here's the thing...I am SO totally plateaued. I'm still working out fairly well. 3-5 days a week for 45mins - 1 hr. My eating is less than stellar but I plan to shape that up..I'm doubtful that that's the whole problem bc I am not eating horrible horrible, just not good. After Easter is over there will be no more sugary-ness but until then I do plan to shape up my eating in other ways..So lemme have it, Give me some of your weight loss tricks, ect. Anything to get me over this plateau! My goal is 10 lbs in 2 months. Which sounds super easy except for the fact that when you don't have a ton to lose it's harder to lose it.

This has been, by far, the BEST thing I've done this last year. I'm happier (mentally and emotionally), I have more energy, I'm proud of myself, I have more self confidence, I'm less stressed and I'm a better mother!

So lemme have it......I need your help!

2 comments:

Tim and Cynthia Jones said...

I'm proud of you Erica! I think you've done good!

Stacee Hord said...

Well I'm definitely NOT the best when it comes to weightloss tips, since I'm struggling myself! But I did read that when you hit plateau, you need to change up your exercising and try something new. I.e., instead of always using a treadmill, try an elliptical or bike, plus it keeps things interesting. I also read that you should be drinking at least half to all of your body weight in ounces per day. So I need at the least, about 65-70 oz. per day. Sounds likes a lot of water but it's easier when you keep a bottle near you all day and try to chug it several times a day, while sipping as much as possible.