One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Who doesn't love some new recipes?!

So, Because the lovely Kids Club worker came to work sick and got my kids sick at the gym, who in turn, have shared with me I now will be spending the day resting, luckily I don't have it near as bad as they did, (as much as one can caring for 2 kids) and I also have the opportunity to write this blog I've been meaning to for a few days..........
New recipes! Who doesn't love some new recipes?!

First up: Mozzarella stuffed meatballs
This is one of my favorite new recipes, it's a bit time consuming, but I assemble them while the kids are having quiet time then just cook them up around dinner time. This recipe makes enough for 3-4 meals so I divide them in half and freeze half. Just last night actually I unfroze the freezer portion I had and we ate them on hoagie buns.

2lb gr beef *I used 1lb gr turkey, 1lb gr beef and they were great*
2 c seasoned bread crumbs
1 c milk
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
2 tsp pepper
1 block (8oz) Mozarella cheese
1/3 c flour
1/4 c oil
3 jars pizza sauce

Combine first 6 ingredients just until mixed and shape into meatballs. Cut Moz. chese into cubes and put one into the center of each meatball, covering the cheese completely with meat. Roll lightly in flour. Cook meatballs in oil over med. heat until browned (3-4 mins each side) and then drain. Add pizza sauce and bring to a boil. Turn down heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
I've had these with fries and a veggie, rice, on hoagie buns, spaghetti, or just as appetizers. You can eat these in so many ways they never get boring.

For my next recipe I will refer to my friend: Pioneer Woman and her Chicken Spaghetti. This is soooooooooooo good! I seriously ate this for 3 meals in a row *which is NOT something I can do often, eat the same thing* and I honestly didn't get tired of it..it was SOOO good!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/chicken_spaghet/

and now..I can't end without some dessert.. once again, my girl, Pioneer Woman
Every year growing up, back in Ks, We'd go to the Kansas State Fair..and every year I couldn't wait to get an apple dumpling..oh..em..gee. Well, This recipe is FABULOUS! Looks weird,yes..but..oh my gosh, they are INCREDIBLE! I haven't made them since BD left bc honestly, I'd eat the whole pan but I am just WAITING for a reason to make some bc they are AWESOME and so easy and..omg. I'm drooling. You can trust me on this one, I wouldn't lie about Apple Dumplings...with a nice scoop of vanilla Icecream..heaven!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/apple_dumplings/

No comments: