One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Thursday, July 21, 2011

...........................I'm dumb

There comes a time in your life where you think "Am I really this dumb?" and if so "how did it happen?" I had a moment like this yesterday.

We are in the midst of fixing up the house for rent. Since poochy is gone we decided to throw down some grass seed to fill in the 'dog dirt pit'
This was my special job..mine. I got my green little 'help it grow' mats at Lowes bc in the past I've had horrid luck at growing grass in that spot the past 2 times I've tried. I watered the dirt, I raked the dirt, I laid down the seed, laid down my green mat thingies and I was proud. so very proud. I called hubster out to look at my beautiful work. After adequate praise I went inside and let him do his man thing outside.

A bit later I hear my name being called. I go there and he's looking at me and says "Is this what you used for grass seed" Smiling broadly because I am so very proud of myself I answer "YUP!" He then starts chuckling.

"This is fertlizer..not grass"
...blank stare.... I blinked a few times
"see..right here.. "Grass Fertlizer"
.... "NO!!!!!!! MY DAD SAID TO GET TURF BUILDER!!!!"
"Yup..this is Turf Builder..but it's Turf Builder Fertlizer"
"BUT!!..But but but..there's grass on the package!!"
...he gives me a blank stare...
"well.. That would explain why I haven't been able to grow grass the past 2 times I've tried huh?"
"yup..I've always wondered why this patch of dirt was so rich.. We have the most fertlized yard on the block, Once we get actual grass seed we should have no problems growing grass"
" ..you suck.." (Why I blamed it on him I dont know..don't judge)
"I love you..You're adorable" (When that phrase is said to me it really means "You're a dork..You have issues")
" no! No love!.. Up yours" (he knows I didn't really mean it..don't judge)
..he laughed... more (why does he always laugh at me)
and I walked away to sulk.

*sigh* I was so proud... so very proud...

Now I gotta go get actual grass seed and more of those stupid expensive green mats.. CRAPP!!

No comments: