One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Murphy out..Murphina IN!

Dedicated to: Kristen :-)

I think I am officially going to rename Murphy, the mean deployment curse man, to Murphina, and here is why, I have never in my whole life had a dude give me so much trouble..ever. Dudes don't give me grief, it's those chicks out there who cause me drama. So I believe it's unfair to all my male friends to keep Murphy named Murphy...Write it in the history books loves..Murphy is now Murphina,the mean, catty, hate me cause I'm awesome, deployment curse CHICK!
So, Murphina pulled a doozy this time, 2 days before I am supposed to leave town. I was feelin really proud of myself, I survived the cold snap with no major issues, didn't lose my electricity, still had water..I was proud. Until last night when I decided to go wash some dishes and I had no water pressure. SURE, I had heard water rushing in our den bathroom that afternoon but I just assumed it was the neighbors or snow melting off the roof bc there was no water in the bathroom...yaaaa not so much. Long story short my back yard was flooded and I had water pouring out the side of my house for God knows how long. I knew I had to turn off the water but didnt quite know how to go about that bc my husband fails to show me such things when he leaves the country for a YEAR! I did however know we had one of those T tool majobbers. SO I go out in the middle of the street, to the nice man hole cover, which I was sure was where the water turn off was.
Picture this: me, lil 5'3 me, the one who struggles with a pickle jar, with a shovel, in the middle of the street, trying to pry the 75lb lid off the man hole thingie, dodging cars that were driving down the street craning their necks, staring at me. All while my kids were inside, screaming, wailing and tearing my house apart. I finally gave up for fear that I would catapult myself OVER the shovel and get run over by a car.
I did give up and call the aid of 2 of our friends who are on Rear D and they came over, found the correct hole (which, might I say, when they found the correct hole, even they had trouble getting it open..so..see..its not that easy to shut off water!!) I am eternally greatful and will now have to name my son "Christopher Frank" and/or "Frank Christopher" whichever I decide I like better. But my water got shut off, and Mr. Roto Rooter will hopefully be by this evening to fix it. I don't know much about plumbing..ok, I know nothing..But I really don't think it could be THAT big of a mess to fix considering I did have water in the rest of the house this whole time..right?
Lemme just say though, I am really proud of myself and my other Army wife friends who have lost water. We are very resourceful ladies. Our husbands are gone and we can survive without water! GO US! I already have a plan on how to finish my dishes from last night (Then we're so using paper from here on out) and am working on a way to finish up my laundry (I know! go me!) This whole thing didn't even make me cry or get upset really..I was just MAD..really...really..MAD. Perhaps I'm evolving into a grounded, I can dodge everythign you throw at me, kinda chick. Normally I tend to lose it for a sec before I gain control and fix the issue..not this time. I'm proud.
So Murphina..STEP...OFF!!!! I have no problems throwin down with a chick!
oh ya..I said it! (please please please be nice to me, please please!)

No comments: