One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Evil Midas and window breaking

sooo, the 'deployment curse' struck this house..and I hope it's now GONE! The 'deployment curse' is: When your husband leaves what can break, will.
Yesterday I had to get after Midas for doing a crap job on my car and not tightening some bolts underneath which caused a Transmission fluid leak, and they did, well, they "dont know what they did to begin with but they fixed it" niiiiice. anyways I won that battle..for free, well, It was a hassle, they faught me and said I was wrong, when I WAS right and they didnt touch the trans. fluid, when OBVIOUSLY they did bc my car didnt leak before they touched it, but I won it nonetheless. I was victorious, I was a CHAMPION..I FIXED IT ALL BY MYSELF!!!
Then no more do I get home and my darling daughter kicks a hole through my front window. The window has been cracked since we bought the house but has been perfectly fine until my daughters foot collided with it. That just about did me in. I had imagines of jacking up the credit card buying 2 new windows *1 was broken but you cant replace just 1, gotta do both, so they match* I realize I seem hooah and totally strong and totally in control. HA..no...I have my moments. Especially after I had to fight a battle with Midas already just an hour prior.
I sat down on the couch and I cried. I cried because I didn't WANT to fix a window, I didn't know how to and I didn't want to deal with it. Then I got mad. I was mad that I had to deal with it. I was mad that my husband wasn't here to deal with it. I was mad BD was gone and I was mad at BD that he left me to deal with this *GASP* Yes..I said it. How dare she be mad at her husband who is fighting a war..Pluh-ease. It's a normal reaction. He knows this, he knows I get mad at him for leaving, its happened the last 2 deployments. And he knows that I'm not -really- mad at him, I'm mad at the situation and if someone were to go tattle and tell him he'd say "so? She probably was, it's okay" It doesn't bother him, bc he knows ME, sometimes better than I know myself, he doesn't get offended bc he knows what I'm REALLY mad at. soo anyways, I took my anger and stress and took it outside and cleaned up the backyard and let the girls get completely muddy and dirty then I came inside,bathed everyone and then I got in the shower and cried..bc once again, I was mad. I was mad the backyard was so trashed, I was mad that I was dirty and sore, I was mad that I had to do so much bc all I wanted to do that day was get caught up on cleaning and laundry. And I cried more...and more crying.
But...Heres the key......This morning, after my pity party of an evening, I picked myself up, went and exercised, came home and started fixing the window, I pulled all the jagged edges off, vacuumed everything and luckily my dad called just then and suggested I just get a new pane, instead of a whole new window *I didn't know such a fix existed* So I got on the horn and called all over trying to find someone to help me and nobody would, they were all too busy and wouldn't even talk to me, Finally..I found my saving grace....Quality Glass and Mirror. They said they'd come at 2pm and not an hour later called and said they'd come right over. They were the nicest guys and even fixed it right then and there, for a mere $64. If you're in the Killeen area I HIGHLY recommend them!!!

I am victorious again!!! Yes..I had a breakdown but I picked myself up and fixed the problem. Everyone has meltdowns but it's what you -do- after the meltdown that says it all!

See..I'm not all that hooah, I have my moments. :-)

Peace!

No comments: