One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Beginning of our Civilan life

Well, we are Civilians.. it was a rocky road to get here but here we are.  Things were crazy up until... ok, well, they still are crazy.

It started with the whole "oh sorry, transportation can't fit you in so you'll have to do a full DITY move"  So I was packing the whole house with 3 kids amongst appointments, therapies, errands, last minute moving things and everything else that comes with being a mom to 3 kids under 5.   Somehow I got the house packed..kinda.   Then Hubs couldn't get his paperwork signed so he could clear post, they lost another set of papers, nobody wanted to make the Col mad and interrupt him to have him sign the papers so they just wouldn't do it... stuff like that.  We finally got everything signed and ready to go so he could start clearing post, 2 days before we were supposed to leave. We also had "stupid truck" issues. We bought a truck from one of Hubs friends a couple months ago, 1500 Chevy, noisy thing.. "peerrrfect shape, just looks ugly" SO we bought it and since have spent $600 on it... and about to spend $300 more at this very moment (but thats another story)    So 2 days before we leave "stupid truck" dies... So we get it into the shop and "Mario" tells us it'll be done in a day and "thats the last problem you'll ever have with this truck..I fix it for good"   yaaaaaahhhhh  

Two days before we leave we start loading up... Some of Hubs soldiers came over and helped us and everything went great.  We stayed one last night in our apartment and planned to spend Saturday cleaning and loading up our storage unit.   Ya, didn't quite happen like that. For some reason we ran -really- behind on Saturday. We had to have our keys turned in by 2pm.. At 1:45 I was cleaning like a crazy woman while Hubs was STILL loading the truck.. I'm not sure how we still had that much stuff sitting around but that's what happened...maybe because I was packing a whole house by myself with 3 kids..perhaps.  I was literally throwing things onto our breezeway for Hubs to load as I was cleaning just so that we could get the keys in by 2pm.   During all of this the girls were wailing at the injust life that they have, missing shoes, not a good enough lunch and whatnot.  Ya, I get that their whole world was changing but..holy crap..I almost left them in El Paso. So I was cleaning like a crazy woman with 2 girls wailing, fighting and screaming in my ear. We finally left around 2:30 and went directly to pick up "stupid truck" and go to our Hote in El Paso so that Hubs could sign out early Sunday morning and we could leave. I drove "stupid truck" to our hotel and got laughed at by Mexicans because I couldn't park the thing... *!@$$##$#* 

We planned to drive 9 hours on Sunday then 3 1/2 hours on Monday.   Our 9 hour drive on Sunday turned into 14 hours.  Lil man apparently hates traveling so he spent 9 of those 14 hours crying... I, in turn, spent those same 9 hours with my arm wrenched around back patting his head, trying to keep him semi calm... I now need shoulder surgery. It was such a long day.. We didn't stop for lunch.. We didn't stop for anything but to feed little man.  Bringing food along was the best thing I ever decided to do because the girls snacked on that stuff all day and didn't whine about food. Had we stopped for food we never would have made it.
We made it to our hotel at 8pm, I ate a little bit of Mcdonalds and then we crashed............

The next morning we wake up at 5 and realize we never got the truck weighed, while full, *CRAPPP* so we can get reimbursed for the move.... We also found out that there were NO weight scales on our route that day.  So hubs got ready and drove back 45 mins to the last weight scale, weighed the truck and then drove 45mins to us.  By that time I had the girls all ready to go and we left.   The second day wasn't as bad just lots of 50mph and road construction.   In case you are wondering, the route from El Paso to Kansas is the more baren, annoying, obnoxious route EVER!

We make it into the city limits and our "fun" didn't stop.  "Stupid truck" wouldn't accelerate...and "stupid truck" died...on the highway.   So there I was with a cranky baby, a Penske truck ahead of me, sitting in a dead truck 3 exits from our house.  3...freaking..exits.   Although I am thankful that it died that close,Hubs mom was close as were my parents and both came to save the day.    But really........... truck makes it from El Paso to the city limits and then dies? It couldn't wait like 5 more minutes and save me a $75 towing fee.

"Stupid truck" is still dead... and "stupid truck" is actually on its way to the shop now.. @#$#*&*##&$#   I hate that stupid truck!

And then we got to................... The house............   da da duuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Stay tuned for that ongoing saga tomorrow........... :-)

No comments: