One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The House

So after Hubs mom and my parents come save the day and we get the "stupid truck" towed to our new house, we get to the house and start unloading, which all went very well..despite a broken cookie jar and my bed being broken, but fixable.  And then it started.............  Within 2 hours we had two windows break. One was broken when we arrived, a basement window and another was broken while putting in the upstairs AC that the landlord couldn't do because "he didn't have a screwdriver"....... although he was able to do the 2nd AC "without" the screwdriver.   We got all settled in that night, all was going well until Hubs says "the AC is going out"  of course I didn't believe him because he's normally hot and he likes to whine about the air temperature of rooms so I ignored him............. until 2am when I woke up sweating.  Add that into 2 little girls who wouldn't sleep beceause it was a new place and it was a very long night.

I had hoped morning would be better....But I was wrong.  That morning the AC was very much dead but thankfully it was a rainy cool morning so with the windows open it wasn't bad.   Then the dryer broke....... an hour later..the washer broke.    In less than 24 hours we had a broken truck, 2 broken windows, broken AC, broken washer and dryer and a broken banister.   I was so close to crawling in a corner and never getting up.

Then I got to looking at the overall condition of the house.. I swear to you the people who lived here before didn't own a mop or broom or have a clue what cleaning was. My wonderful in-laws came over a few days before we got here and did what cleaning they could do with no electricity but there was still SO much to do.    The people before us obviously had a big white dog..I know this because of the amount of dog hair I have sucked out of the carpets.  After 3 vacuumes I am still sucking up dog hair...and I have a Dyson...yah.   The yard was completely trashed.  Literal trash in the yard.   Hubs was talking to the neighbor and he said that the people before never cleaned anything and Hubs says "yah, I can tell that! The house was filthy"  Gross amounts of dirt on all the window ledges, cobwebs everywhere, dog hair on EVERY surface, dirt everywhere, the floors were covered in dirt, someone had been using the toilet while there was no water on so therefore couldn't be flushed..UGH! (ya, I couldn't even make this stuff up)  Welcome home, Heres a toilet full of............................ lovely.   We would move a curtain and dog hair would just fall down from it.  Honestly, it is the dirtiest house I have ever seen.  I don't keep a spotless house but I vacuume daily, I keep dust off of surfaces, I wipe down the counters, stove, fridge daily.   So along with the normal unpacking, move in suff, I have also had to deep clean an 1800 sq ft house.   I am still getting rid of cobwebs.

There will be massive issues if we don't get the deposit back.

And then we couldn't get a copy of the lease.  Phone calls, emails, texts..no response.  We finally got ahold of them and it was 'in their car' and they would bring it by.   So a couple days later they do.... and admit they lost the lease and we needed to sign another........ niiice.

As I'm typing this I have a sinking feeling that I will need all this info at a later date.. say, when I move out.

Our transition to civilian life hasn't been the easiest. It seems no matter where we turn we get hit with another crap-pie in the face.  It's been one issue after another for the past 2 months.  I don't understand why, maybe I never will understand but I'm trying to hold on and be positive.

No comments: