One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

They Were Wrong

They said you'd have trouble eating...

They said you'd need a feeding tube.

They thought you has Sepsis or meningitis .....

They didn't think you'd make the 10 pound weight minimum for surgery at 3 months..you're already there!

They said you'd need intensive therapies...so far you've surpassed the therapists goals.

They said you'd aspirate your formula through your nose until both your lip and palate were fixed... I haven't had to suction your nose in at least a month. You don't aspirate anymore. They were wrong.

 They've been wrong about you thus far. Everything they say you can't do, you prove them wrong.

They say you'll need false teeth, bone grafts and many cosmetic surgeries. They say the palate surgery is very hard to recover from..with lots of pain and no eating and sleeplessness. They say you won't talk for a long time and when you do it will take a long time for you to get it. They say you'll need intensive speech therapy.

 I assume you'll prove them wrong too. My strong little man...what an inspiration you are. You've changed me for the better. You're a fighter. When I feel that I don't have the strenght to go on, one look into your smiling face gives me strength.

No comments: