One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday's 10

Ten Things I Will Miss About Military Life


1. Washing and folding ACU's and other Army uniforms. I spent my honeymoon starching and ironing BDU's back in the day. Fond memories.

2. I will now have to use the phrase Mr and Mrs. instead of Spc. and Mrs, or Col. and Mrs.

3. Refering to people by their first names instead of  "Jones" or "Smith"

4. Not having to fold and match those dreaded green socks. It takes more brain power than a game of Jenga.

5.  I'll miss seeing hubs in formation after work.  I love formations.

6. Deployments suck. No question about it. But those homecomings are amazing. I will miss those.

7.  I'm going to miss my "sisters"  I know so  many amazing women. Women that know completely what I am feeling at times. Women who have grown to become sisters, mentors, family.

8. I'm going to miss the pride I feel seeing my husband in uniform.

9. Health care.

10. I'm going to miss having someone else move me. Free of charge.

No comments: