One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gym Rat

I finally bit the bullet and joined the gym. I don't like gyms much. My husband has been trying for.......let's see, we've been married 5 years..so, trying for 5 years to get me to join the gym with him and it didn't happen, For a couple reasons, 1. The one time we worked out together he momentarily forget that I wasn't a soldier and he wasn't my drill instructor, it didn't really work well for either of us. I'm not a fan of "One more lap, move move move MOVE" and he isn't a fan of sleeping on the couch :-) and 2. I don't like being oggled at and everytime I've been at the gym theres some muscle bound guy who thinks he can swagger up to me and oggle me. Because of some stuff that happened in my past I do not like men to oggle at me. basically heres the deal: Unless I know you and like you *men* don't come up to me or even look at me bc it makes me whiggy and I'm liable to kick ya in the nuts (I'm tellin ya, its a miracle I got married)

Soooooooo anyways I bit the bullet and did it. I've already lost 24 lbs and I'll be darned if I gain it all back this winter, so I had to do something. This morning was my first morning and I was *really* nervous bc the kids were going into the kids care while I worked out. Lana is a crier, she likes mommy and she doesn't like new people and somedays even people she knows..only mommy. We are finally, after 5 months of daycare, to the point where she doesn't cry the whole time. So yes I was nervous that she was gonna go crazy and I would never get a workout in and then my $40 a month would be wasted But lemme tell ya, what an amazing workout I had. I got an hour in and went to pick up the girls and BOTH were SO happy and had such a good time and couldn't stop raving about how nice the ladies were and how much fun they had and lana had no hint of any tears. YAY!!!!!
It does my mommy heart good! Then after that I found an Ipod arm wrap holder thinie for exercising on sale for $7.00, reg 30.00 at Target. I am waaayy too cheap to spend $30.00 on something like that, it was like God was rewarding me for finally going to the gym :-) hehehe

So yes, I am a gym rat now! I get an hour or two of quiet, I get to exercise, the kids get to play and work off energy...win, win, WIN!
BD and I are supposed to go workout together when he's home on R&R..I'm a bit nervous bc of how our last 'let's be workout buddies" excursion went but he's -promised- that he will stay on his side of the gym and I can stay on mine, so we'll see if he can actually do that. :-)

3 comments:

papabama said...

Uncle Steve is so sorry for oogling at you. He will try and control himself because he says he really don't want to be kicked in the you know what??LOL:)

My Life as an Army Wife said...

oh thank GOODNESS that my subtle hints have finally be recognized lol :-) Next step was to get a billboard made. haha

Tim and Cynthia Jones said...

LoL, so glad you had fun and the girls did so well! Awesome!
Yes, those arm band thingies are wonderful! I have one, love it. Haven't used it here it, but I have it. LOL