One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Time Warner and sleepies

Good morning Bloggers!

so..heres my gripe of the day. Time Warner Cable. Our wireless has been out 3 times in the past week and is once again out! grr Now, this poses 2 problems, 1. our other computer is downstairs in the den, away from the rest of the house, with 2 kids I can't leave them alone. And those that have kids know this, that they can't be alone for -any- stretch of time. and 2. the den computer is wonkey. completely, utterly, wonkey. shuts off while your typing, ect. Plus, I have my pretty pink laptop, that I *heart* so mucho! :-)
well, now that that gripe is over, onto more business.
I think big daddy and I have figured out the problem with our kids. Our kids share a room, youngest goes to sleep no problem, then when oldest comes in for bed she wakes up her sister and they play and cause trouble and generally be a pain and it didn't use to be like this. They wreak havoc for a couple hours then pass out. which doesnt fly in my book because they wake up at the same flippin time, every..single..day. ( o'dark thirty to be exact) so bc they are staying up late they wake up with attitudes.
They've had a consistant bedtime routine since day 1, they nap no more than 2 hrs a day, if that, and cutting naptime short doesn't help bc then I just have 2 kids over tired screaming at me until bedtime, and lets be honest, my nerves can't take that, I am very strict about their bedtimes and have been since day 1, so thats why it didn't make any sense to me. So last night BD and I were talking and..DUH...When Lillia was a baby we could not bathe her before bed bc it made her wound up and she wouldnt sleep. sooo guess what we have been doing the past couple weeks........bathing her at night, bc its just easier to have help from BD when bathing two kids and gettign them dressed, ect. uhm..DUH..dumb parenting moment of the gentury! We totally forgot and would just give her a bath before bed, hence why she doesn't go to sleep, bc she's so wound up from her bath. no more baths for that chicka..well at night anyways!

well bloggin babes, kids are screamin for breakfast! Time for momma to clock in!

No comments: