One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Plea to T-mobile

Every month I dread 1 bill and that is my cell phone bill. I dread paying it. Every month I call the nice automated lady and they have the nice system where you have to say everything as opposed to just pushing the buttons on the phone, which chaps my hide. Not only do you sound stupid saying "YES", "PAY MY BILL", "NO", "YES" in a loud monotone voice so that they don't, Lord forbid, misunderstand you and accidentally change your plan to 10 billion minutes, but I swear to you, everytime I get on that phone to pay that bill my kids knnnooowww!!!!

Like today, I wait until the kids are totally engrossed in their tv show, pull out my debit card and phone, push 611, *very quietly, may I add, so they didn't lose their trance* Miss 'nice automated voice' answers and no sooner than I say "PAY MY BILL" in a nice monotone voice so as 'Miss nice automated lady' won't misundersatnd me, do my kids start bum rushing me and yell "MICKEY MICKEY, MOMMMMM MICKEYYYYYY MOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MICKEY MICKEY MICKEY!!!"
Or there is the sudden high pitched screaming cat fight *I have girls* that happens.
Those of you who have used that type of system know that when any other noise or voice is heard Miss 'nice automated voice' gets confused and cancels your services or signs you up for the 'I'm a millioniare texting plan' then you have to hang up and start all over again. I kid you not, I have had to hang up and start over again 4 times before because of outside noises!

So there I am putting my finger to my lips, making "SHHH" faces, whispering in that quiet but 'SHUT UP NOW!' voice and my kids DON'T GET IT! I don't have the -time- to redo this 5 times! This time ended alright and I did accomplish paying the bill the first time but I kid you not, I have, literally, ran from my children, to my bedroom, they barged in there, through the house, out the backdoor, SHUTTING the back door just to get the bill paid, *I believe that was the time I was on my 4th attempt and my patiences was fried*. I hate resorting to such embarassing displays but desperate times call for desperate measures. They would -not- quit screaming at me and a mother had to do what a mother had to do.

Okay..yes..I know I could wait until they are in bed or napping and I -do- try to do that, I really really do but obviously it doesn't always happen because those 2 times are the only time I can sit on the couch for more than 5 minutes and yes, I take advantage of it. Those times are also the only times I can get dinner prepped or do cleaning without it being undone 2 minutes later or return calls/answer emails, or write these funny, witty, informative blogs, now you wouldn't want me to stop doing that now would you..so cut me a little slack, I'm kind of a mom 24/7/365 :-D

My plea to T-mobile...CAN'T I JUST PUSH THE BUTTONS!! BRING THAT FEATURE BACK!! PLEEASEEE! This 'single' mom needs all the help she can get!!!!!!!!!

No comments: