One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Time

So, this week's weight loss did NOT go good. it bombed..failed...hey, at least I didnt gain anything. I did stay right where I was last week, which is good, I guess. But, I've been given a gift, the gift of time! Time to do better next week.
Time is a funny thing, it either goes too fast or too slow. It seems like time never cooperates with us huh? But time does not stop, no matter how much it feels like time is at a standstill, it isn't.
I know every military wife has heard the phrase "at the end of everyday you are one day closer to being with your spouse again" well, think about it for a minute, really let it sink it. Tomorrow I am one day closer to having my husband/wife home. Isn't that an amazing thought?! Yes I've heard it thousands of times before but when I really let it sink in and really thought about it, I was like wow! cool!! I don't know about you but being a temporary single mom my days fly by. Even days that I dont have anything going on it's hectic. Someone will get sick, they'll fight all day, something unexpected will come up, meses will be made all day long causing me to have to clean up said mess and chase said mess maker.
Cherish each day. I promise you if you spend each and every day wallowing in pity and sadness you're days WILL seem like they are dragging. But when you get up, get busy, become involved, whether its with FRG, volunteering, seeing family, whatever, Time will go faster. Ya know the old saying "Time flys when you're having fun!"
Make the best out of your situation. I get to spend wonderful quality time with my girls at the moment, it's like a girls night EVERY night. okay, ya, I'm exausted, they fight, I scold them, time outs, tandrums, drama, but..aren't we supposed to look at the bright side? or at least try to find one?
Yes, I am sad that BD won't be at Lillias 3rd bday...but, Lillia gets a chance to see her grandparents and spend quality time with them, I get the wonderful gift of help that I don't get often, I get to leave our mutts here and not have to worry about them, I get the chance to visit where I grew up again. Next year Lillia may not be spending her bday with her grandparents so this is a wonderful opportunity for her. see...The bright side!
now, If you'll excuse me I'm going to follow my own advice and go spend some time with some family for, as Lillia says, "Cousin Nessie's birfday party, SWIMMIN TIME!!!" lol Yes, I could be sad bc my husband isnt there with me and I still havent figured out how I'm going to properly watch 2 kids in a pool, but I'm not going to think about that, I'm going to think positive!

Later!

No comments: