One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day!!  May we never forget why we celebrate this holiday! May we never forget why a sacrifice was made.

I spent 8 years as a Military wife.  That is my home. My family.     I know many who lost their lives in the war and many who were deeply changed in some way.  Let us never forget the sacrifices that were made.

I went through 3 year long deployments.  Each one I lived in fear every day that I would get a knock on my door. Losing my husband seemed like more than I could handle.

I spent every night for 3 years making sure my house was clean before I went to bed in case I got awoken by a knock on the door, I wanted my house presentable.   I spent every day for 3 years praying for my husband. Praying for his friends. His safety. I was incredibly blessed to get my husband back whole.  
When a Military wife loses her husband at war, we all grieve. I spent many days grieving for other soldiers. I can't begin to understand how they felt but I can imagine and I grieved with them. For them, because all too easily it could have been my husband.   I think I can safely say that losing your spouse at war is one of the hardest, saddest things one could go through.

Never Forget.  These men and women laid down their lives for our freedom.  For our country.  It has nothing to do with your political affiliation, our President, or whether you agree with war or not.  These are real men, Real women, who died serving this country. They died for YOU. For ME. So that we could have the freedoms we do.


Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: