One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 32.... Am I worth more than a Pile of dirty laundry!?

Here I sit.. day 32.. and I'm eating Whole 30 approved chicken salad..with whole 30 Mayo.. on Spinach leaves..  and here's why... I woke up on day 32.. .Today.. with the worst migraine I have ever had in my life. I'm talking light hurting, hit with a steel pole, please nobody talk to me Migraine.

On day 31 the only non Whole 30 approved foods  I had was 1/2 a biscuit with strawberry Jam, a PB&J and a  small piece of cake.  My body was not happy. And I wasn't prepared for that.   I'm not sure what it was..whether it was the grains or the sugar or both.  But it hit me like a ton of bricks.   That cake or PB&J was not worth the pain I had today.

Today all I wanted was my "Good" food.  J and I did go out to lunch today at Olive Garden.. I stopped myself after 1 and a half bread sticks and half my lasagna... It was a splurge I was willing to take a hit for. It was good... It was not "Oh my gosh, take me Jesus" good, though.. as I remember it being.   I've gotta find the right balance and I wasn't prepared for that.   At around 2pm after our big lunch I felt the all too familiar Carb Coma come on.  Something I Haven't felt for a month.  It sucked.  I hated feeling exhausted... Because I ate some sub par food.

My other struggle has been taking the time to prepare food for myself now that I don't -have- to.  My mind says "I'll just snack on the kids' pancake.. I don't have time to make anything"  I think of everything that's waiting for me.  Bathing 3 kids, vacuuming, dishes, laundry, mowing the yard,... It's all calling me. Every mom feels it. The pressure.  The kids need this or that.. I don't have time to make myself anything..   I have to put myself first. Before the laundry.  Essentially I am telling myself I am worth less than a load of stinky clothes.  Woah. I am telling myself I am worth less than a load of stinky clothes.   That puts things in perspective huh?   Yet Here I sit with all the weight of everything that needs done pushing down on me.  The little voice in my head telling me I dont have time to prepare something because Lillia's out of clean pants.. and the yard really needs mowed.. and the trash needs taken to the curb.. and the carpet needs to be vacuumed...and I really ought to  mop too.

Day 32 and I haven't found a balance yet.  I really hope I have balanced today correctly.

1.  I am important and deserve good food
2.  Is that splurge worth whatever revolt my body may do?
3. Am I more important than some dirty clothes.


No comments: